De Montfort University
The Hawthorne building at De Montfort university in Leicester is a Grade II* listed building originally built and designed by Everard and Pick in 1897 as part of the Leicester College of Technology. The building is home to De Montfort's faculty for technology and science and is still today in operation as a highly active teaching facility. In 2000 work was completed on the building as part of a £4m refurbishment.
We began works on this project in 2016. We conducted a complete restoration of all timber and steel windows. This included the restoration and replacement of the handles and furniture to facilitate the laboratory access within the building whilst keeping the historic aesthetic.